Hey guys! Long time no talk/blog! I’ve been so busy squeezing every minute out of the Big Island. I leave at the end of September and I feel like I still have so much to see. On this particular day, I got the chance to swim with sea turtles. If you’ve swam with sea turtles before, you know how magical and peaceful it is. They are such graceful creatures. I have a few tips and tricks on where to see them on the Big Island.
- Carl smith Beach- located in Hilo, it is filled with sea turtles. It doesn’t have a lot of sand to lay in but there are a few places and tons of grass to lay your beach towel on. The cool thing about this beach is that is freshwater and salt water so there’s a range of the shade of few and it goes from warm water to ice-cold in a matter of seconds. Would definitely recommend you using track shoes since theres so many rocks.
- Waikoloa Beach – the awesome thing about this beach is that it’s located where so many resorts are and one of my favorite restaurants, Lava Lava Beach Club. The food and drinks there are incredible. Try the mai tai flights and pineapple chicken teriyaki.
- Picture taking
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO TOUCH SEA TURTLES. You could harm these little guys and we need them around for a long long time!
- The longer the GoPro stick, the better. I thought I had long arms but the longer the stick gives better views of the surrounding ocean.
- Stay around the reef because that’s where the algae are which are sea turtles favorite.
- Take a minute from your picture-taking to enjoy the moment, it is truly one of the coolest things ever.
Well, I hope you guys find lots of sea turtles on the big island! Make sure to comment if you have seen any other cool critters out there! Also make sure to follow me on Instagram : pearlzz so we can be friends! 🙂